Whiz Kids Daycare Staff
Our staff is the stepping stone block on which we implement our philosophy and curriculum. Without a consistent, caring staff, a solid curriculum cannot be employed. Our staff is comprised of professional, certified, experienced, and caring individuals who are required to attend workshops and seminars throughout the year. Once a candidate is selected and hired they go through a thorough training and testing. All teachers are observed and evaluated on a regular basis. Ongoing training is required to maintain the quality of the program and competency of our staff
Consistency of Staff gives the children the time to establish relationships and emotional bonds. An important developmental benchmark for success in a child’s future. Over 80% of our full time staff have been at Whiz Kids at least 10 years. All are required to maintain a Red Cross First-Aid and Infant/Child CPR. Certification
Consultants retained on our staff include an educational consultant, a registered nurse, and a psychotherapist.
Aside from being licensed by the state Department of Health, Whiz Kids also is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Accreditation is a mark of excellence and helps parents to feel comfortable in the choice they make in their child’s care.
What does accreditation mean to you the parent?
- It is done voluntarily by the childcare center and can take up to 2 yrs for the initial accreditation.
- The program is a safe and healthy environment for children
- Teachers’ are well trained and have access to the most up to date resources
- A Curriculum that is developmentally appropriate is followed
MILITARY FAMILIES: NACCRA IS ACCEPTED IN OUR PROGRAM
CARE FOR KIDS a nationally funded program subsidizing daycare
Whiz Kids prides itself with the following:
- Low staff turnover. Over 80% of staff have been at Whiz Kids for 10 yrs or longer.
- Most comprehensive staff training program in the area
- Each age group has their own large outdoor playground
- Gymnastics, Music and Jump-N-Jammin is included for all children 2 and up
- All children are developmentally assessed 4 times a year with a written report given to parents yearly